INSTRUCTIONS FOR EVALUATORS AND MODERATORS
Evaluators should arrive in the assigned rooms early and check in with the
Moderator, who will be distributing and collecting the evaluation forms. The
Moderator will be a preceptor from the presenter's institution. Please be sure to
complete the entire evaluation form by putting a check mark into each section.
Evaluation forms will be carbonless copies so each attendee may turn in one copy
and keep one copy for reference when completing the online ACPE CPE evaluations
to receive statements of credit.
Evaluators will be responsible for trading sessions if a conflict
occurs. Official Evaluators should not evaluate their own programs. It is not
fair to the residents to not show up at your assigned sessions.
The Moderator has a number of functions during the presentation. Try to relax
them and orient them to the room, computer, and podium. It is very important for
the Moderator to keep the sessions on time, both beginning and ending.
- Assist with the loading of the presentation and make sure it is functioning
- Announce the attendance session code for ACPE CPE. Remind attendees to
write the code on the carbonless evaluation form as they will be handing in the
top copy and keeping the bottom for reference later, when accessing the
statements of credit system.
- Introduce the resident to the audience at the beginning of the presentation.
Include their name and hospital but NOT the title of the presentation.
- Time the presentation ensuring that the presentation and questions/answers
does not go over 25 minutes.
- Official colored evaluation forms for each presentation will be provided for
you at the beginning of the session block. The evaluation forms should be passed
out to each evaluator before the presentation begins. A carbonless evaluation form will be
distributed to the remainder of the audience for their evaluation of the
presentation. Moderators will collect the top / white copy at the end of the
presentation and place them in the session
envelope. One of the program staff will come by and pick them up at the end of
the session block.
- Please remind attendees that they must keep the yellow / bottom copy for their
own records and for reference in obtaining statement of credit online.
- Please remind attendees that they will have only THREE (3) weeks after the
conference in which to obtain their statement of credit, so they should not